© United Industrial Corporation
23, 1, Bolshaya Dmitrovka., 125009, Moscow,
The OAO Ship-Building Yard Severnaya Verf (formerly Putilovskaya Verf) was founded on November 14, 1912 to build ships for the Russian Empire.
At present, the shipyard is the leading shipbuilding enterprise of Russia. In 1998, the shipyard was the one of the first plants in Russia, which was issued the licenses for all works in the deposit of construction, re-equipment, upgrading and disposal of ships and vessels.
In the middle of 1999, the shipyard introduced a quality system based on the international standard ISO 9002, for which the Certificate of Conformity of Soyuz po sertifikatsii (Certification Union) of the Oboronsertifikat (Defense Industry Certification) system and the Approval Certificate of the Norwegian Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQi) were obtained.
During its long history JSC ôShipbuilding plant ôSevernaya Verf" built about 400 ships and vessels intended for various purposes, including about 170 ships for the RF (USSR) Navy, equipped with state-of-the-art weapon and armament systems for their days.
The yard built missile cruisers, destroyers, large submarine hunters, frigates, patrol ships and minesweepers, tankers, dry-cargo carriers, timber carriers, container carriers, passenger and fishing vessels, towboats, ferries and floating docks, as well as research and Ro-Ro vessels.